Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Hi there friends! Phoebe here! (Sherlock, Jess, whatever you want to call me. I know the nicknames get confusing😂)

Anyway, you're almost certainly here because you clicked the link in the description of Laughternoons' latest YouTube video, so thank you for that- it's real kind of you to stop by. The reason I'm writing this post is that it's been a really long time since we've made any sort of stop motion video for our channel, and I feel guilty about that. I feel like Emma and I spent an extraordinarily long time creating videos together, building our channel from the ground up, and just remembering all those long summer days when we were laying on the floor taking picture after picture gives me so much nostalgia and the absolute worst longing for the past. We used to get so excited to check our page and see how many subscribers we had gained, and how many sweet comments there were under each video, and I really do miss that time in my life, but things change. And people change.
Today, both of us are teenagers, with jobs, obligations, and final exams. My dolls sit on a shelf in my closet, and their clothing stored in enormous boxes tucked underneath my bed. The simple truth is that neither of us seem to have time for them anymore.
But, and here's where this blog post comes in, as we are entering our senior year of high school (which comes with oh so many responsibilities, college essays, etc.), I recently met with my guidance counselor, and told her that I wanted to pursue filmmaking/animation. This YouTube channel eventually came up in conversation, and she suggested I mention it in my college applications, or in portfolio-type things, since it is a channel of animations after all. I have thought about it a lot since then, and even though I know it might be a little bit of an embarrassing hobby, I try my best not to be ashamed or secretive about it and, make no mistake, I am proud of everything we've accomplished thus far in our YouTube journey. So I have decided that, even if I don't end up using the channel in my portfolios, and even though I don't know how much free time I'll really have this summer, I will continue making videos.
I want to grow this channel even more in the future, and I know the only way to do that is to put out quality content, and to never stop improving. So that's the plan, fellow doll lovers, and I'll see you all in the next video.
Thanks for reading all this. It really means a lot <3
Much love,
Phoebe

1 comment:

  1. 💓💓💓 Definitely put it in your portfolio, you are so talented and colleges should see that! I'm glad to see you again!

    ReplyDelete